If you’re having trouble updating your Avast virus definitions, you can use our special guide to solve the problem.
3. Add PayPal to trusted sites
- Click on Start and search for Internet Explorer. Select it to open the browser.
- Click on the Settings icon and select Internet Options.
- In this new window, click on the Security tab.
- Select Trusted sites, and then click Sites.
- In the window that opens, enter the PayPal web address to add this page to the zone.
- Click the Add button and close the Internet Options window.
This solution should add the PayPal page to the list of all trusted links, so that your antivirus software does not block it. Check if this helps, if not, continue with the next solution.
4. Boot into Safe Mode and then try to open PayPal.
- Press the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security, and then select Restore.
- Go to Advanced Startup and click Restart Now.
- On the Select Options screen, select Troubleshooting and then tap More Options.
- Go to the startup settings and click Restart.
- After the computer restarts, a list of options will be displayed.
- Select 4 or F4 to start the computer in safe mode.
In safe mode, the computer boots with limited files and drivers, but Windows continues to run. To know if you are in safe mode, see the words Safe Mode in the corners of the screen.
If your antivirus software does not block PayPal in safe mode, your default settings and underlying drivers are not contributing to the problem.
Sometimes Windows 10 safe mode doesn’t work and the computer starts up normally. In that case, please use our detailed instructions to correct the error.
5. Put your system in clean boot mode.
- Make sure you are logged in as administrator.
- Go to the search box and type msconfig.
- Select System Configuration.
- Click on the Search Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Click Disconnect All and restart the computer.
If you manage to boot into safe mode, reboot to rule out software conflicts that could block PayPal in Windows 10.
These conflicts can be caused by apps and services running in the background during normal Windows 10 startup.
If all these steps have been followed carefully, you will have a clean boot environment after which you can try if you can access PayPal.
6. Check system files
- Go to the search box and type cmd.
- Go to the command line and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter: sfc/scannow
- Restart your computer
System File Checker checks or scans all protected system files and replaces invalid versions with real and correct Microsoft versions.
If Sfc /scannow is crashing on your Windows 10 computer, check out our full guide of the best solutions to fix the problem.
7. Use another reliable antivirus program
Avast is an excellent free antivirus program that protects your computer from threats. However, if it interferes with your activities, consider replacing it with another tool.
We recommend an antivirus program that has been highly rated in independent tests and contains innovative multi-layered protection mechanisms that block all types of malicious threats.
Multilayer protection combines traditional signature-based and behavior-based protection to guard against known and emerging malware, and provides industry-leading detection rates.
⇒ Get ESET Internet Security
The above solutions should prevent Avast from blocking the PayPal website and allow you to manage your account the way you want.
If you want to discover even more cyber security options to protect your computer that don’t block trusted websites, check out these best antivirus programs without fake notifications.
Did any of the above solutions solve the PayPal Antivirus blocking problem? Let us know your comments in the section below.
frequently asked questions
How can I solve this problem?
Lib – 5 ways to solve it – you…
What is the best way to solve your problems?
What problems need to be addressed?
The best problems in the world…
how to solve problems in lifehow to deal with problems on your ownhow to deal with your problems alonehow to handle problems in lifeall your problems will be solvedhow to fix a problem in a relationship,People also search for,Feedback,how to solve problems in life,how to deal with problems on your own,how to deal with your problems alone,how to handle problems in life,all your problems will be solved,how to fix a problem in a relationship,how to face problems in life,how will you deal with this problems