Google is working on improving tabs in its Chrome Browser. Not long ago, Google added scrollable tabs functionality to the Chrome with experimental tabs. Now the popular Chrome browser is set to get yet another useful feature, which is known as Tab Search. The new feature allows users to search over their currently open tabs. As for now, the feature is going through the testing phase, we can expect it will soon be available to everyone via stable channel. Till then, if you want to use tab search in chrome, then here’s how to enable tab search in Google Chrome.
If you ever open a slew of tabs in Chrome, then you may know, after opening a bunch of tabs, the browser shrinks the title of tab. Not only this, but a few more tabs will also hide the website icon. In this case, the tab search is pretty useful, Yes, you can use the tab search feature to easily search between the currently open tabs. This new feature can be accessed using Ctrl + Shift + A keyboard shortcut on Windows and Command + Shift + A on Mac.
As I said earlier, the tab search feature is under testing, the feature was first introduced with Google Chrome 87 on Chrome OS. However, in the latest release – Google Chrome 89, is available for select users in Windows and Mac. The feature is expected to become a part of stable release in coming days.
Now let’s take a look at the steps by which you can enable tab search feature in Google Chrome in Windows or Mac.
Enable Tab Search in Google Chrome on Windows and Mac
The experimental flags is one of the best ways to try the features which are under testing. And you can also enable tab search from the Google Chrome flags. If you’ve updated Google Chrome to version 88 or later on Windows or Mac, then you can follow the below steps to get access to the Chrome’s new feature.
- At first, Open the Chrome Browser on your PC or Laptop.
- Now type this “chrome://flags” address in the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Under Chrome flags page, you need to search for the flag which you want to enable.
- For this guide, we need to search, “Enable Tab Search” flag.
- In the available section, you can see the Enable Tab Search flag.
- You can click on drop down section with Default naming, and then select Enabled.
- Choosing enabled will bring tab search functionality on your Chrome browser.
- You can restart it by clicking the relaunch option available in the right bottom, or you can manually re-open the browser.
- That’s it.
Enable Tab Search in Chrome by modifying shortcut
Aside from the usual experimental flags, you can also enable tab search in Google Chrome by modifying the shortcut target. Although, once you’ve enabled the feature, you can simply use it via Ctrl + Shift + A command on your PC. Here are the steps by which you can activate Google Chrome tab search feature.
- At first, head over to the Desktop, then right click on the Google Chrome shortcut.
- Now click on properties option from the context menu.
- In properties section, edit the string from target field, by clicking at the end of string.
- In the end, you can add –enable-features=TabSearch string to activate tab search feature.
- Once done, tap on ok.
- That’s it.
Now you can simply open your browser, then tap on the dropdown arrow icon placed in the top right corner of the tabs section.
Here you can search the title of webpage or URL of currently open tabs.
You May Also Like – How to use Spoiler Tags in Discord
In case you’ve any query, then you can leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the tabs to show in Chrome?
› chrome › answer
How do you search in Chrome on a Mac?
› chrome › answer
How do I pin a tab in Chrome on a Mac?
Just as in Safari, you can pin tabs in Chrome. To do so, just right-click on the tab and choose Pin Tab. Use the same basic sequence to unpin the tab once you’re done with it; just choose Unpin Tab.
Feedback,how to enable tab search in chrome,how to enable tab search in chromebook,how to disable new tab search in chrome,google chrome tab search,tab search chrome not working,chrome tab search mac,Privacy settings,How Search works,chrome tab search windows,how to get rid of search tabs in google chrome