Investing in professional video production could be considered a risky move by many. Most people are aware of the pros and cons of investing in this form of video content, but before taking the dive and investing time and money into this type of content; it is important to be aware of the common pitfalls that come with investing in professional video production. One of the biggest reasons people invest in professional video production is to increase the growth of their company. When a company develops video content for their product or service; it helps promote their brand to a new audience. However, this concept doesn
Investing in Professional Video Production Video has emerged as the most relevant content source for marketing and advertising in the digital age. We live in a world where videos are watched millions of times per day. According to the 2015 State of Inbound report by Hubspot, 53% of people prefer watching a video over reading text. Blog Introduction: Investing in professional video production is a great way to maximize the return of your marketing and advertising dollars. At the same time, the video production process itself can be highly resource and time intensive.
The video production industry has evolved in recent times. Video production today is less about equipment and more about creativity. In fact, you don’t need much equipment. Instead, video production is all about content and the value that content can bring to brands.
Today, people are consuming more online video than ever before. To continuously create creative and effective content, more and more brands are investing in an in-house video production team. But despite its advantages, in-house video production also has significant drawbacks. So the question is always whether it’s worth hiring your own video production company or a professional one.
To help you answer this question, we’ve compiled a list of the pros and cons of outsourcing your company’s video production so you can make a decision.
Benefits of investing in professional video production
- Professional video production companies are experts in their field and have extensive experience working with a wide variety of clients.
- As professional video producers, they are passionate people who love what they do. So you can always count on them to give their best on every project.
- The price is usually negotiable as it is based on the specific needs of each client.
- There are no additional costs for equipment rental, location, catering, models, transportation, etc. All this is covered by your suppliers at the contractual rate.
- By delegating this task to professionals, you save your employees time so they can focus on their real work.
- You will get excellent customer service, because after all, they want to do their job well so that you will call on them again when you need services.
Disadvantages of investing in professional video production
- But while professional video production companies are specialized video producers, today’s video content industry is focused on both the type of content and its quality. It won’t be easy to find someone who fully understands your brand and meets your needs.
- Your team and the video production company work in isolation from each other. There is little communication here and certainly no opportunity to build professional relationships.
- If you need urgent video recording, you will not find anyone willing to do the urgent work at no extra cost.
As you can see, the advantages of investing in professional video production outweigh the disadvantages. However, this is a major drawback because without proper brand representation in your video production, you won’t get the results you want. Therefore, a hybrid mix of a dedicated producer or production coordinator and your professional video producers will maximize results.
Your dedicated manufacturer understands your brand and is ready to adapt to any changes needed to maximize performance. They are also used on the website to connect your brand with vendors. This team of professionals maximizes long-term benefits while providing a valuable service to the company.